Thursday, January 7, 2010

Huh. (A trick for tricky holos.)

While doing Tomorrow's Nails Today, I was having a bit of trouble with my chosen color, China Glaze LOL.

Which is to say, it was applying like the worst possible hot streaky mess from hell.

Operating on a hunch, I broke out one of my bottles of Part 1 of the Mirror Image system (I always have more of the base than the top. Back when Maybelline was still selling it, I'd run out of the silver and still have 3/4s of a bottle of the clear base left. At last! A secondary use for it!), and painted it on over my usual basecoat (Barielle Natural Nail Camouflage). Suddenly, my hot streaky mess was a smooth, streak-free dream!

I suspect that the Nfu-Oh Water Base for holos would be similar, but as long as I have the Mirror Image base, I doubt I'll be finding out. (Some day, when I'm less tired, I'll do a comparison on the application with and without.)

No comments:

Post a Comment